A Vision for the Future
We believe every American has the power to build a better society in which every person –regardless of race, gender, age, or ethnicity– has freedom, equal opportunity, and deserves justice, dignity, and respect. America is different from other nations because we are united by common ideals, regardless of differences in our backgrounds.
Some of us may be conservative or liberal, Democrat, Independent, or Republican, but we are united in being Americans first. This is my America, this is your America, this is Our America– and we can all work together to make it even better.
To achieve this, Our America is focused on:
- Rights and freedoms – We are committed to protecting and promoting the fundamental rights and freedoms that were enshrined for all Americans in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. This includes upholding the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; as well as the right to free speech, to follow one’s conscience, religious freedom, and the right to be treated equally under the law.
- Community – We are committed to empowering our hometown heroes: everyday Americans from all backgrounds who make sacrifices in order to play an integral role in our communities. Their work ensures every American has a voice in their local community.
- Equal opportunity – We are committed to achieving equal opportunity for all Americans so no one is confined into a group based on race, class, or gender, in order to enable them to achieve the American Dream.
- Justice – We are committed to building a criminal justice system based on fair policing that respects the rights of every American, defends victims, fairly punishes repeat violent offenders, and helps non-violent offenders turn their lives around so they may contribute positively to society.
- Election and government transparency – We are committed to holding government officials accountable and also to rebuilding trust in the electoral system so all Americans can freely and meaningfully exercise their right to vote.
These principles were developed from our extensive research which showed Americans want many of the same things for their country. These important points of unity prove Americans are more united than the media and extreme politicians want to make us believe. Americans care about safe communities, affordable livelihoods, equality of opportunity, free speech – and most importantly are proud of being American.
Our America is dedicated to promoting these principles at every level of society – whether it be a local community, academia, private businesses, or the federal government. We aim to work with all people from all backgrounds who share a love for America and wish to see every American thrive.
Together, we can make a difference in our communities – and our country to build a new movement, an American Movement that works for all of us. This is our America, and we deserve better.
Will you join us?